Tanning, in its most unglamorous form, is simply the body’s response to skin cell damage caused by ultraviolet light. Through a chain of cause-and-effect, exposure to UVA and UVB radiation stimulates the production of melanin, the skin’s pigment, in a desperate attempt to protect the skin from further damage.
Spray tanning is a form of self-tanning (or sunless tanning) where a fine mist is sprayed onto the body. This mist has an ingredient in it called Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) that interacts with the skin’s chemistry to turn it tan, or bronze.
This temporary effect generally lasts from 3-7 days and is completely safe for your skin (although it doesn’t provide any protection against the sun’s rays).
Spray on Tan is the safest, most convenient way of getting a beautiful bronzed tan. Very little time is invested and the result is immediate with this easy-to-learn application method, which simply sprays colour on to the body, and then the client can dress straight after the application.
All forms of self-tanning and spray tanning use the exact same active ingredient, DHA. But that doesn’t mean the same results are gained with any old product that has DHA in it, or by different technician’s that use the same product. A good routine comes with good training and results in a good tan, which does not streak or run. It will enhance the client’s confidence and sense of beauty, as the long lasting colour looks completely natural and fades like a real tan.
What you will learn:
- Aim of the Course
- Introduction, Reception, Consultation & Ventilation
- Tanning Methods
- Functions of the Skin
- Skin Types
- Contra-indications & Contra-actions
- There are start-up costs associated with running any type of business. However, starting a mobile tanning business is relatively inexpensive. That is why it is a great choice for people who want to start a business on a tight budget.
- Less Competition - The demand for mobile spray tanning businesses is growing. However, there are fewer mobile tanning businesses than traditional salons. That is why you will have less competition if you go into the mobile tanning business. Furthermore, you will have access to a wider range of clients. Many clients would prefer to use a mobile tanning business over a salon.
- Flexible Hours - If you want a job with flexible hours, then you should definitely benefit from running your own mobile tanning business. The only time you will need to work is when someone is in need of your services. After you have served all of your clients for the day, you can spend the rest of your time relaxing, brushing up on your tanning skills and looking for new clients.
- There is no practical test- Instead I assess your understanding and ability of each treatment technique as it is taught.
- Our Courses are arranged as either solo or bespoke training which means that you will need to provide a model.
- Award -The International Beauty Association Award in Spray Tanning (Certificate)
- Insurance: This can be purchased through one of IBA's Insurance Partners
- Course Entry Requirements: None. Price £205 which includes an LA Tan starter kit.
- Course Duration ½ Day Course from 9:30am – 12:00pm ½ Day Course from 12:30pm – 15:00pm We ask students to arrive 15 minutes prior to the class starting to ensure a prompt start. You will learn the theory of the treatment firstly; and spend the majority of the day practicing your practical skills.
SPRAY TANNING COURSE (FULLY ACCREDITED)
Due to the COVID19 Pandemic; we are uncertain as to how the currennt working situation in the Beauty Industry will roll out over the coming months; therefore, all fees are non refundable and if there was a cancellation from either you or the Beauty School then the course will be moved to a new available date.
If you do not feel well; please do not enter the Beauty School and you will be asked to fill in a COVID19 Form which will be sent online before you attend your course.
We ask that you bring your own models and someone who is in your social bubble who will also need to complete the form.